Big messy wavy hair. I love it and anyone out there who has it naturally, please don’t straighten it for a while, just for me. I think whenever I have an occasion where I need to look good, feel like I have Gisele-esque beachy bed head locks, or want to make my husband’s heart rate go up, I go with the big messy wavy hair. It never get’s old. I don’t like to boast, but I think I’ve mastered it, so I thought I’d share my tips.
Wavy Hair 101:
• Hair needs to be dry and dirty. Yes Durrrtay.
• Wrap 1 inch sections of hair down the barrel of an open curling iron. Count to 10.
• If you have long layers, clip up the shorter layers and do the long hair underneath first. Then unclip and do the top of your head.
• Focus on making sure the ends of your hair have the most/tightest curl.
• After you’ve gone through all your hair, spray it with hairspray. Now flip your head over and tousle a little bit. Flip hair back up, and spray some more.
Speedy, less than 3 minute version:
• If you have long hair, put it up into a ponytail as high as you can on top of your hair.
• Wrap 1 inch sections of the ponytail’s contents around the barrel of an open curling iron. Count to 10. Repeat until all the pony tail has been curled.
• Untie ponytail and spray with hairspray.
Cheers to embracing messy hair.
Photo & hair inspiration: Behati Prinsloo by the amazing Matt Jones, for Elle Italia ( June2010)