The beloved topknot. Messy, but at times, blah. Time to spruce it up a bit. A while ago I saw this hairdo…and I finally figured it out (2 days ago). Yup. I found a new go-to messy ‘do for summer.
The upside down french braid keeps your neck cool but gives you volume, and hey, anytime you can incorporate a braid into a your hair is a good thing.
So here you go. Give it a whirl…
Upside down French Braid top knot.
• Flip hair over and brush out.
• Grab a small section of hair at the nape of your neck, and start a french braid.
• French braid your hair up towards the top of your head. So you braid from the nape of your neck up to the top of your head, instead of how you usually do it: from the top of your head, down to the nape of your neck.
• When you get to the top of your head, leave the ends un braided. So you’ll have a pony tail at the top of your head.
• Twist hair into a bun or top knot on top of your head, and secure with bobby pins or a rubber band.
• Pull a few strands of hair out around your face.
• Lightly loosen braid and topknot until desired messiness is achieved.
Pictured above after a hike. Proof it stays put. Here is a prettier but waaaay less scenic pic.
Need more help. Leyla to the rescue.