I have a deep appreciation for easy hairdos that look complicated, and the messier they are, the better they look. So, yes, I love this little hairdo. I couldn’t really figure out a name, but I call it the knotted braid side ponytail.
It’s pretty much a combo of this famous pony tail, and this hair knot, but off to the side. If you want, feel free to do it centered, at the nape of your neck. It’s messy, it’s tousled. it takes about 2 minutes to do. It’s in the rotation.
• Pull hair over to one side and divide into 2 even sections.
• Braid one of the sections, and lightly twist the other.
• Tie sections together in a not too loose not too tight knot.
• Tie again, making it a double knot
• Pin in place, from the bottom up, on the back side of the knot. I used about 3
• Pull a few pieces of hair out around your face, and the knot will also loosed up a tiny it.
… Bonus: When you undo your hair late on, it will have a really pretty natural wave going on. So it’s like a 2 in one updo/beach waves combo. Cheers to multi tasking.
Top by Roxy 🙂