As I sit in our rental, staring at our book shelf, which is our “fireplace” during Christmas, that’s decorated with the $5 felt stockings that I wrote my husband and I’s names on with a sharpie five years ago (There’s tons of sentimental value in them, I’m not upgrading anytime soon) and the little JOY sign I splurged on at Target last week…I can’t help but dream of one day decorating a little bungalow by the beach. Man oh man would that be a joyous yearly occasion.
So, here’s a few things I’d dream of decking the sea breeze filled halls with. And things that can tie me over while I’m dreaming in the meantime.
• Jack Johnson’s reclaimed wood Christmas tree. I clipped this out of Coastal Living a few years ago, pinned it, and tattooed it in my memory as well. Jack, this is awesome. If I ever have a beach front place, your tree will always be my inspiration.
• If I ever do upgrade my $5 felt stocking from Walmart with my name written on it in a sharpie, it would probably be to this lovely banana leaf stocking. The rest of the fam can choose their own, but this beauty would be mine.
• A few strings of seashell lights. I’m sure these are plastic, and it’d be SOO much cooler to DIY the real deal. But still. This would be so gorgeous along a mantle somewhere.
• Two words. Macarame Wreaths. Seriously how cool is that idea. And how boholicious is a room filled with blankets, throws, some sort of tasseled cot dealio…and macrame wreaths.
• I think luminaries are some of the most beautiful outdoor lights. They remind me of when I lived in Arizona, and desert dwelling or not, I think are just such a great outdoor Christmas light idea for a deck, pool, driveway or patio.
• A big gas cozy chunky throw. This gal in the UK hand makes them, and I might bribe her to ship to the US. Her creations are amazing. I also saw a tutorial on how to make one yourself. It takes four hours. So I might pull an all nighter sometime over the next few months. Wish me luck. All homes, beach or not, rental or own, hotel room or camper, need a big gas chunky throw during the holidays.
• A rose gold cheers bottle opener. Because let’s face it there’s lots of bottle openin’ going on. And well, this thing’s a beauty.
Deck the halls with lights and seashells, fa la la la la, I’m a beach bum.
*None of these photos are mine. All photos are from my Holidays, Beach House, and Fixin Up My Rental Pinterest boards.