Well, today is my birthday. I’m 37. Thirty freaking seven. Can I het a high five and an amen to adding another year to this amazing, thankful for each day I get to wake up and experience thing we call life?!? Hallelujah.
It’s a good day. And who knows what God has in store for the next 365. We shall see.
So, here’s a little known fact about me: I really am not big on making a big fuss on my birthday. I love happy birthday wishes, getting calls and texts and stuff like that, but I just don’t have many expectations, and prefer to fuss over other people I love instead. Even though I’m not the best at remembering birthdays. (Facebook helps tremendously in that department)
However, I am a HUGE believer in making it a special day, breaking the routine, and just, you know, giving myself a pat on the back.
So, I figured I’d share my to do list today on my birthday:
• Go get coffee somewhere and get a fully loaded splurge of a drink: Today was a caramel latte with an extra shot of espresso. I never get lattes.
• Actually take time to do my hair and makeup. Beach waves and the natural dewey look it is. Maybe with a bold pink lip. We shall see.
• Wear some sort of special occasion clothing or accessories: A dress, a skirt, jumpsuit, some fun kicks, you know, something other than my lululemon shorts and a tee.
• Eat a meal out: breakfast, lunch or dinner. Pick one, or pick ‘em all. Note: feel free to order a strong cocktail.
• Funfetti. In any shape or form. (I might just go ahead and make myself a cake after I finish this post.)
• Get to the the beach at some point.
…and of course
• Wear a flower in my hair or behind my ear at all times. This is a MUST.
Actually, this sounds like a rather amazing day to me. So, if you have a birthday coming up, I highly recommend writing down this to do list too.
Cheers to the start of another 365 days, doing the most with each day I’m blessed with, saying screw it to society’s attempts of trying to make me feel guilty for getting a year older, and just embracing life like a champ.