The last month has solidified something I’m a firm believer in: Fall is, hands down, my favorite time at the beach.
It’s less crowded, the weather is gorgeous, you can wear clothes without sweating through them in two minutes, yet it’s still warm enough to hop in the water and surf in a spring suit. It’s sweater and beach pants (or onesies and a button up) type of conditions, and the lighting has a certain warm tone to it. Although I’ll never fully understand daylight savings time, it’s also pretty cool to go watch a sunset almost everyday with Levi, since it’s setting around 4:30 these days. There’s a little crispness in the air, and for some reason, a hot cup of coffee in the late afternoon just tastes really really good to me this time of year too. Probably because it keeps me awake when it’s totally dark at 5pm.
So cheers to a sandy and salty fall – the colors, peacefulness, and the water, I love it all. Being able to experience it back by the beach? Well, let’s just say thankful is an understatement.
Top to bottom:
• You know what rhymes with Fall? Kick ass 70′s inspired Moccasins.
• One of my favorite sunset pics ever. Not a cloud in the shy, and just a silhouette of my Levi.
• A day that was a total jaw dropper, and Levi clearly was a fan of the tide pools.
• Golden hour mom and son selfie attempt. Actually it was a success, since I kinda love when these pics turn out blurry.
• Fall surf in freakishly clear water rocking my favorite Denim Spring Suit.