I love low ponytails, you know, the messy kind where they look like they’re almost falling out, but aren’t. Throw in a few twists so it vaguely looks like a braid or a knot or something…yum.
So, when I stumbled on this odd image of a mannequin head with a wig on it showing me how to do this cool messy twisty low pony…in just a few easy steps. I had to try.
And It’s officially my new favorite ponytail.
Here’s my attempt at directins.
I did make a video, and forgot to press record. So, hopefully this makes sense.
Easy Messy Twisted Low Pony.
Tools: Hair tie + a Bobby pin or two.
• Divide hair into three sections. Left section, Center Section and Right Section.
• Put the Center Section into a low ponytail.
• Now, pull the hair apart on your head that’s by the left side of that ponytail, then grab your Right Section of hair, and pull it through that space.
• Repeat on the other side: pull the hair apart on your head that’s by the right side of that ponytail, then grab your Left Section of hair, and pull it through that space.
• Wrap the ends of those sections of hair that you pulled through around the hair tie of your ponytail, and secure it with a bobby pin.
• Mess it up a little and pull of some pieces around your face.
• Wear hair like this for at least a week straight.
Or at least I will.
Lo Po’s to the rescue.