If your weekly workout routine has not changed in the past 4 months, or 4 years, it’s time to give your plan the old switch-a-roo. Why? All your body ever wants to do is recover and recuperate. If you are doing the exact same things week after week. Well, your body probably knows what’s up and all you are gonna reach is a plateau.
Also when you try something different or challenge your muscles in a new way, it gives you an added bonus called… motivation.
So, instead of just devoting another 20 minutes to the elliptical, or another set of crunches, try out some of these tricks to spice up your workout week.
- Add a weekly sprint workout that is different each week.
- Change your exercises, reps, & weights in the weight room every 3-4 weeks.
- Incorporate bands, ropes, cables, TRX, or different types of weights.
- Try a new (or not used in a while, ahem pull ups, por favor?) move in the weight room every 2 weeks.
- Try a weekly yoga class.
- Workout with a friend and do something different each week.
- Do a weekly crossfit class, boxing or intense cross training.
- Try to do 2 different types of cardio a week (hike, bike, swim, jump rope…there are a ton of options)
- These are just a few tips, (I’m sure you get the point), take ‘em and get schweaty.
Now, one final note that is key (and the hardest part for me to do and remember). If you are constantly working out & training at a high intensity, make sure to take a FULL week off every now and then. Your body will thank you, and you will be refreshed and ready to work out even harder.
Think of it all as mix & match. But with workouts instead of bikinis.
Phoot found at -Fitspo