Hey There. Long time no write. Which means it’s time to just regurgitate some thoughts. Also writing the perfect blog post intro takes so much time sometimes that it keeps me from even starting a post. So, let’s just cut to the chase, shall we? We shall.
• I recently turned 40. Yes, 40. (Insert wide-eyed emoji here.) It sounds weird saying that because I still don’t know where my last decade of life went. But if you want a reference, I’ve pretty much documented it on this blog. Yup. It’s been around for about a decade now.
See, time flies.
• Speaking of 10 years of blogging – I’ll do a big post on it, or maybe I won’t, but I can say it’s a constant work in progress, where I’m always learning, and it’s always evolving. Also, I honestly thought it was over when we moved away from Hawaii 7 years ago. So, anyone who stuck around all this time, I can’t thank you enough. It’s been fun, hasn’t it?
• I haven’t been posting that much because my inspiration right now resembles a blobfish at a waterpark. I blame the weather and lack of sunlight. Ohhh It’s no joke up here.
• Ok back to 40 – No magic switch went off, there was no big celebration (but my husband made me one of the best margaritas ever), and I felt exactly the same when I woke up. I am, however, thiiiiiis close to just booking a random trip somewhere, solo, that’s tropical to just zone out and celebrate in my own special way. – alone on a secluded beach with a coconut. Let’s see if I ever pull the trigger. All I can say is this…flights to Tahiti are cheap. And Mama’s super pale.
• Ironically, as each year passes I feel less and less inclined to dish out advice or tips on anything. I’m not sure if it’s self-doubt or realizing I still have so much to learn. So, I just want to sit back, enjoy life as much as possible, work hard, and be the best, kindest person I can be. Even to myself. Which is hard.
• Our home gym is my sanctuary, and I also caved and bought this Dyson vacuum (refurbished because I Pretty much buy everything used.) That petty much cut any domestic disputes in half. Or maybe more than that. The reviews had more than one person saying it saved their marriage. I can see why. This sucker’s amazing.
• Speaking of buying used stuff, it feels weird but also kind of good to admit that long gone are the days when boxes of free clothes arrive at my doorstep from brands all the time. They still come every now and then. But I’m buying more things lately, and pretty much only buy used stuff on eBay or TheRealReal – and let me tell you, it’s a freaking gold mine (Sunglasses and sweater in pic were TRR scores). Post coming soon for proof.
• I do need to stop with the animal prints and classic rock tees. Or do I? I once saw a lady who was in her mid 60’s rocking some floral flares, an oversized denim jacket, and a tee that said she had champagne for breakfast…and I was certain that’d be me someday.
• I mean, you can’t please everyone. In fact, knowing there’s never been a person on this planet who was capable of pleasing everyone, is an extremely comforting fact, that I must remind myself of daily.
• So, maybe I am learning something after 40 years. But, something I definitely know is, I love being creative, having a platform to share it, and hopefully can bringing a little sunshine, lightheartedness, and “hey life ain’t perfect but it still can be beautiful”, vibes along the way.
And of course, some beach pics, which hopefully will come soon.
Time to go investigate the flights…
Cheers to another decade, and who knows, maybe I’ll look back at this site when I turn 50 and have one helluva crazy rollercoaster to look back on then too.
Thanks for following. Time flies and minutes are precious, and I so appreciate the time you take to stop by and read this.