Well, the tradition continues. ‘Tis the season for some ugly sweater toes. (Although I think these turned out to be rather cute, and the only thing ugly about them is my leathery feet.)
It’s getting a bit more difficult to think of something new each year, So I just tried a different, simple, and more neutral color combo…and attempted to add some plaid to the mix.
Here’s an attempt at directions.
1: Brew some strong mocha mint coffee in french press, (I go all out and use some fully loaded eggnog as creamer too)
2: Turn on old school Christmas music (bonus points if Frank Sinatra is in the mix)
4: Go on pinterest and search “Christmas Nails.” Be prepared to be amazed, then pick five different things to try. Tip: keep it simple.
5: Grab a nail art brush and dotting tool, then paint a different motif on each toe. I did the following:
• Beige and navy plaid – (plaid is a total beeyotch, but ends up looking pretty sweet) Paint nail beige, then paint 2 -3 vertical navy stripes, followed by two horizontal navy stripes. Let polish dry, then go over all the non overlapping parts of the stripes with some translucent beige polish ( I just mixed my beige with some top coat).
• White with Navy Reindeer/Moose dude. – Paint nail white, then basically just paint a little moose stick figure using a nail art brush and some navy polish.
• Navy and white ugly sweater knit pattern – Paint nails navy, then go in with some white polish and paint long rows of dashes, dots, hearts, zig zags, you know, whatever makes you think knitted winter sweater.
• Gold with navy and white santa hat – Paint nail gold, then paint a navy triangle with a little line coming out of the top. Put a dot at the end of that line, then a few dots at the base of a triangle. Boom. Santa hat.
• Gold with navy and white polka dots – Paint nail gold, then go in with a dotting tool and paint some itty bitty polka dots.
6: Let polish dry, refill aforementioned coffee, then seal the deal with a glossy top coat.
7: Done. ‘Tis the season to not want to wear shoes, even if it means you get frostbite.
More of my nail art AQUI