It’s that time of year. Skin does crazy stuff. Just like the weather. It flakes, it precipitates, it causes traffic jams and delays. Yay winter. But never fear, there’s some great moisturizers, skin savers, hydrators, and even smell good stuff that will help. Or at least have helped me out a bunch. So here you go. Pretty pumped to share what the chosen ones are for this latest edition of the lineup. Needless to say, I have a newfound love for sheet masks, luxurious bar soaps, acai body oil lotion, 4 in 1 makeup palette, and an almost perfect salt spray.
Beauty lineup. Vamos…
• 10&Co Motherlover – Tamara and Elle, my Aussie pals behind 10&Co body oils have branched out into a brand spanking new line, and it’s pretty sweet. It’s their usual high quality amazing all natural ingredient clean body care products, but leaning a bit towards moms. Baby/mom oils, 4am face masks for moms, skin repair body oil. I’m a fan.
• LAFCO Soaps – Ok, if you want your bathroom to immediately smell like a penthouse on South Beach, try this stuff. It’s the bar of soap you could give as a gift and the recipient would hug you. It’s just that good. The packaging is gorgeous, it’s made of the finest of fine ingredients. And frankly, it makes me smell like a jet setter.
• Dr. Brandt Magnetight age defyer mask – THIS IS THE MOST FASCINATING PRODUCT I’VE TRIED. Yes that deserved an all caps sentence. This is a mask made of oils and iron infused goodness. You put it on your skin, take it off in 15 minutes using a magnet, and it draws out face gunk, yet leaves your skin feeling divine. No water is involved in the process so its draught friendly too. Wait for another all caps sentence…I LOVE IT.
• IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Complexion Perfection Face Palette – Yup. IT again. I’m a fan. It’s your 4 in 1 palette – translucent powder, bronzer, natural blush and highlighter. Aka pretty much all the stuff I love. Great little take with you anywhere multitasking rose gold square of goodness.
• Yes To Cucumbers soothing hydrating mist – I picked up a can of this when we were in El Paso and I forgot to pack lotion and it was on the clearance rack at Target…and it’s pretty darn sweet. And soothing. It’s a mist you can use all over – face, body, whatever, and instantly soothes and hydrates your skin. I use it daily when I’m feeling like a human frosted flake. Would be awesome for traveling…if TSA let you bring aerosols on planes. In the meantime it resides in my purse. Or bathroom counter.
• Dr. Roebucks Natural Nourishing Crème Cleanser – Ok Dr. Roebucks is an Australian line of skincare, with the goal of giving you your best skin possible…while using the fewest ingredients. My kind of thinking. It’s natural, it’s oh so lovely. This cleanser has been my favorite product of theirs that I’ve tried. Purely because it feels like you are putting a thick creme on your faae, but it cleans it and leaves is super soft and felling better with each use. Which is the main goal of a cleanser. Plus it’s full of shea butter and jojoba oil. Yum.
• Filorga Optim-Eyes Eye Treatment – Filorga is a high end Parisian skin care line that just recently launched in the US, and yup, yours truly gets to test it out. This is the eye cream. It is a DAMN GOOD eye cream. (And I am picky about eye creams). And it’s under $55. Hallelujah. Be prepared to hear more praises for more of their products from me soon. In the meantime, the line is Available at Nordstrom. Check it out.
• Sol De Janeiro Acai Body Power Creme – The creators of my beloved Bum Bum creme just launched this purple dynamo, and it’s equally as delectable. It has a new divine fragrance, is a thick + juicy moisturizer full of acai oil, coconut oil and cupuaçu butter. Plus some mica to give your skin a glow. Plus a little goes a long way. Plus, it makes me feel like a Brazilian beach babe when I’m freezing while wearing Uggs and sweats.
• Herbivore Sea Mist Beach Wave Hair Mist – Get ready for all caps again…. THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE SURF SPRAY EVER. There, no more keyboard yelling. The ladies at one of my favorite boutiques, Shipwrecked Kauai, sent me this salt spray, and I love it. It’s the same salinity as Pacific Ocean saltwater, it’s lightweight, smells great, and I just might spray a little on my hair every single day. Resulting in lightly salty kissed tresses. Bravo Herbivore, you nailed it.
• Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon – This was my latest Sephora impulse buy. I love these matte crayons because 1:I don’t need to ever use a sharpener, and 2: they are long lasting and also full of good stuff for your lips. Pick a color any color. I got the mauve, called pastille. It’s mauveulous.
• Dr. Jart+ sheet masks – I never understood what the fuss was about with these sheet masks – aka preloaded pieces of thin cotton like paper that look like a mask that you tear open and put on your face…until I actually used one. They are a tired person’s dream. Rip one open, put on face, peel off, rub whatever is leftover into your skin, and boom. Done. Lazy beauty at its finest. I’ve been using Retin A, and found the Water Replenishing sheet mask to be just what the Dr ordered. Aka super soothing and hydrating. Added bonus for how amusing it is to have one on when you FaceTime someone without warning them first.
• Pixie by Petra Glow Mist – A darn great pick me up for your face anytime, anywhere. I spray it on after doing my makeup ( to get that dewey look), or in the middle of the day when I’m starting to look like a raisin, or just when my skin needs a moisture/glow boost. Works like a charm. Going to check the ounces, if it’s under 4, this shall be my new travel face spray as well.
• Kai Eau De Perfume – Because Smelling like Kai makes any day better, and makes me feel somewhat beachy while wearing yoga pants and an old hoodie.
Phew that was a long one.
**Sidenote worth reading. In an effort to not be a beauty product hoarder I’m giving away a box full of beauty products for you to try (unused, promise). To enter: just let me know what your favorite product was from this post. Winner will be announced and contacted by me in a week (January 20th) ***Congrats to the Winner, Molly GoForth! Wahoo! Thank you all for the entries, love reading your thoughts on the products, and helps me see which ones everyone is interested in. Fun stuff.
The lineup. January 2017. Done.