A big ol’ plump set of smackers. There are a lot of glosses, injections, fillers, and who knows what else out there promising give you lips that look like they could burst. But I prefer a natural plumper that doesn’t cost $30, and I know exactly what’s in it causing the increase in volume. Alas, if you have some spare time, here’s a recipe to whip up for some temporary, yet almost instant plumpification.
DIY Homemade Lip Plumper
1. Aquaphor, or a plain clear gloss as the base
2. A few drops of Liquid Vitamin B6,
3. A few drops of Liquid Niacin
4. A drop of Cayenne pepper (you might be able to get away with tabasco or tapatio)
5. Drops of Peppermint, Cinnamon Leaf, or Clove oil
6. For color and shimmer – add in some loose powder blush or shimmer.
7. A dash of honey
Mix until smooth, and spoon into an empty lip balm pot or jar.
Test on a small patch of skin before slathering on your lips.
Other DIY plumpers that I do not recommend and have experienced first hand:
1: Sunburn lips (My fault)
2. Getting hit in the mouth by a surfboard (Also my fault)
3. A bee sting literally smack dab on the center of your lips resulting in way too much volume, and a trip to the emergency room after realizing you are allergic. (Great Story. Maybe I’ll post the pic here someday)
Photo Via: Fashion Gone Rouge
Recipe courtesy of: ehow.com