Well, my hair is officially long enough to do some loopy braids. Aka a ‘do I’ve had my eye on for a while, but haven’t had enough real estate in the hair department to pull it off. Good news: They’re easy, they make me look like I have way more hair than I really do, and I’ve worn them three days in a row. Which means I must share some instructions.
First off: This pic of James Michelle started my fascination. Mad props to you and you hair stylist Jamie. Hair goals. Major hair goals.
Secondly: Here’s my attempt at directions. Just in case the pics above don’t easily illustrate how to make them.
Tools: those little tiny clear rubber bands.
• Divide hair in half, you know, like you are going to do braids or pigtails, etc.
• Grab one side and put into a low loose pigtail.
• Make it a loopy pigtail by pulling the hair apart and pulling the pony tail through. Pull it through from the front to the back.
• Make another ponytail about 3 inched below your looped pigtail. Then go ahead and loop that one.
• Repeat this process all the way down your hair. In my case this was just two. In some people’s case, it might be five or so.
• Now the fun part. Go in and pull them all apart and mess them up. Don’t be shy. This is what makes it look like you have a ton of hair.
• Repeat everything on the other side.
• Pull a few sections of hair out to frame your face.
Full, fun, easy loopy braids, at your service.
…and here’s one more pic. Just for kicks.