I like bandeau tops, they just don’t like me. Ok they don’t like my lats and therefore like to slide down and scrunch up until I feel like I look like Vera Di Milo. Therefore, a strap with a bandeau is pretty much a necessity for moi. So, if you have a bandeau that doesn’t come with a removable strap, or you just want to change your top a little bit, here is a suuuuper easy trick.
All you need is a bandeau bikini top and a sliding triangle top.
• On your sliding triangle top, *remove the bottom tie that goes around your back. (i.e. slide the triangles off the big string)
• You will now have a long string. Fold that string in half. You will have a loop at one end.
• Pull the loop end up behind the front middle of the bandeau.
• Pull the bottom of the strings up through the loop. And pull to tighten.You will now have a knot around the front center of your bandeau and loose ends to tie around your neck.
Tie those ties around your neck….and voila. A bandeau that won’t slide down.
* To restring your triangle top, just attach a safety pin to the end of the string and re-thread it through the bottom of the triangles. It takes about 2 minutes, and your tri-top will be back to normal.
Try it out, mix up prints if you are feeling saucy, and do some jumping jacks afterwards, knowing your top isn’t going south.