Confession. I rarely have my act in gear enough to paint my toes before I go on a trip. However, I managed to paint these while sitting on our bathroom floor at 11pm the night before I left for Kauai. And well, I’m totally patting myself on the back. Because they are freaking fantastic.
Basically I saw a wallpaper swatch on pinterest, and did my best to recreate it.
Anywho, should someone want to recreate these tropical vibe toes that are based off of someone’s wallpaper (now THAT’s a room I want to see)…here you go.
• Paint toes with a white/beige/off white opaque color.
• Grab the following paint colors for all the foliage, or something close: Charcoal, magenta, turquoise, peach and yellow. The more opaque the better.
Ok now the whole painting part.
• Start off with charcoal and paint a bunch of palm fronds. Palm fronds = long curvy line with little lines coming off each side.
• Now grab the magenta and paint a few little leaves. Leaves = long ovals, some with stems, some without.
• Now do some peach flowers. Mine are more like blobs. Some are small. Some are big flower blobs. Flower blobs = use a dotting tool and paint five dots in a circle.
• NOTE: It’s cool if things overlap a little. In fact, it’s encouraged.
• Now, grab that aqua and paint some blue palm fronds.
• Grab that dotting tool again and paint some yellow flowers in different sizes.
• Final touch = go back in with the charcoal polish and paint a stem or two of the frond on top of anything that might’ve overlapped it. (This is optional but as a super nice final touch.)
Let polish dry and top it all off with a glossy topcoat.
Now, please feel free to get your toes to a beach as soon as possible.
I certainly did.
Check out more of my nail art post here, and definitely give one a shot. Or show a pic to the gal who does your nails.