And the tropical genre nail art continues. What can I say I have Hawaii on my mind. Quite frequently.
I get inspired to try out something on my nails pretty easily. In this case, it was this rather lovely shirt, that I will probably get procrastinated and go buy before I finish typing this post. Hold on, be back in a few minutes…
Ok, now here’s how yo paint ‘em. (I tried to be an overachiever and post a quick video over on vine. It helps. Kind of.)
Here we go. Aloha print nails. En rouge.
• Paint toes with base coat then a bright red polish.
• Using a nail art brush and some opaque yellow polish, paint some palm fronds. Palm fronds = one long curved line with a bunch of short lines coming off of it on either side.
• Using a nail art brush and some blue polish, paint a few blue leaves. Leaves = long ovals with a point at one end.
• Using a ball pint pen dipped in some white polish, paint the flowers. Flowers = 5 dots in a circle.
• Using that ball point pen again, paint a dot in the middle of the flower in a pastel color, I used peach.
• If you have a lighter blue, paint a few highlights on the blue leaves. And if you have another shade of yellow, paint a few highlights on the palm fronds. This is optional, I am just a nail polish hoarder.
• Let polish dry, then apply a super glossy top coat to seal the deal.
• Admire your toes.
..then lose all will power, and go buy this shirt too.
Mayde Australia Towel