I have yet to watch a single minute of Shark week. (I know, it’s a sad, sad, fact). But I plan on remedying that situation tonight, or before this hallowed week finishes. Hey it’s some seriously educational TV.
In order to pay homage to this hallowed week of underwater TV on the discovery channel, I painted some shark teeth toes. If it looks familiar, it’s because it’s a modification of these puppies.
So here’s how to paint them should you be a fellow shark fan and want to give it a try.
• Paint toes with a base coat, then a dark color. I went with navy.
• Be sure to not paint your 4th toe navy. This is going to be an accent toe.
• Now, using a nail art brush and white polish, paint some small teeth sporadically on each toe. Tooth = one triangle with a line on top with two little pints on the end.
• Then paint a thin strip of being on the top of each tooth.
• If you are feeling saucy. paint a few dots in the blank space with another color.
Now the accent toe…
• Using a nail art brush and your white polish, paint the entire toe white except for half of a circle on the outside corner. Leave that blank and draw a few tiny triangles so it looks like a bite mark. Yum.
• Let polish dry, then top with a glossy topcoat.
• All done.
Don’t wear closed toes shoes until Shark Week is over. And maybe pick up a necklace that coordinates or something too. Because shark teeth are just rad like that.