Well, we did it. We bought a house. Excuse me while I take a long, deep, try not to stress, breath. It’s about a 12-minute drive to the beach, so it’s not technically a beach house, but I’m going to make sure this puppy is going to feel like it’s a helluva lot closer to the sand. So, naturally, my brain is in “Dreaming of Beach House” mode quite frequently these days.
The home is all white – floors, walls, everything. So it’s basically a blank canvas, which I love. I’m not so pumped about the thought of moving again, but love the sorting and getting rid of stuff aspect of it all. But this should be an interesting/educational/ok we’re officially adults type of deal. Yikes.
So while we’re dealing with all the stuff associated with closing, inspections, all that jazz that sounds like a foreign language to me…I shall dream about The Beach House. And get the ideas a-brewing on what we might put in ours…
• Gallery wall inspiration. I think adding a board to the gallery wall is just oh soo beautifully brilliant.
• PFYT handmade ceramics. Gosh, I’d want to eat every single meal out of one of these beauties.
• Bold, vintagey, jewel-toned rugs, I adore you. Just might have to find a cheap one on Wayfair until potty training is officially over. Ok, and our dog only pukes on area rugs. Definitely not investing in a nice one.
• This….is the living room of my dreams. Gotta love breaking up a big open space with a hammock. Or just hammocks anywhere in general. Ok, I’m definitely on the hunt for a hammock.
• Kawaiian Lion I Left my heart in Hanalei Bay/I Left my Heart in Honolulu pillows, miiiight be a necessity.
• We have a front porch, which means space for some hanging seating of some kind. Swing, chair, daybed. we shall see…what my husband and I can install together without it being WWIII. Wish us luck.
There you go. Should be an interesting next month.
…And if I am only pinning interior design ideas for the next month or so…you know why.
Here are more beach house posts for inspiration/motivation to live, or at least feel like you live close to the beach.