Nestled in my Husband and I’s Netflix instant queue was a little documentary called, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead… I know, quite an uplifting title. But by the end of it, I was nearly crying, at the edge of my seat, and amazed at how these guys changed their lives simply by controlling what they ate…only raw home made juice…for 60 days. It’s called a Reboot.
Don’t worry I am not suggesting everyone needs to go on a 60 day juice fast in order to look good in a bikini, you can keep on reading…
To put it simply, the Reboot = eliminating any processed foods from your diet and only eating raw, uncooked fruits and vegetables for a given time, usually 5, 10, or 15 days. I am on day 3 of the Reboot Express, (the 5 day plan of eating and drinking only fruits and veggies) and really feel rather fantastic. Yes, it’s hard to smell and watch my husband eat a slice of supreme pizza, but it’s helping me take note of how often I grab for a bag of chips, eat fast food, and just be conscious of how much nutrients are really in each meal, snack, and grazing session. Plus, I have an excuse to go to Lanikai juice for 5 days in a row 🙂
The basic point, which I love, is…eating good healthy food is one of the easiest ways to control how you look and feel.
So why not? Go ahead and give the simple 5 day express program a try the next time you are feeling down in the dumps, or like you’ve OD’d on Taco Bell, brats and beer over the summer (like me). There are a ton of enticing benefits…
- Boost the number of fruit/vegetable servings you can ingest in a day
- Break the cycle of unhealthy eating
- Retrain your brain to crave fruits and vegetables (YES!)
- Manage your weight
- Promote a lifestyle that will lower risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, macular degeneration, cognitive decline and mental illness including depression
- Promote longevity
- Decrease aches and pains in joints and muscles
- Improve your immunity
- Promote increased energy levels
- Promote healthy skin, nails and hair
- Gain greater access to digestive enzymes locked away in whole produce through juicing
- look & feel good in a bikini (added by me)
Venture on over to jointhereboot.com for more info. Your body says gracias.
Photo by: Sharon Britt