So many beauty products out there. So so many. So many ads for so many things. So many different messages. So many ingredients (some good some bad, some I think just sounds good.) So many cool looking packages and designs. So many good hair days because of some of this stuff (hallelujah). So many cool companies trying to just make us look and feel better.
So what’s a gal to do? In my case, wrote about the stuff I’ve tried (most have been sent to me, but yes I still buy some stuff too) that I genuinely think is cool, and holler when it deserves some love.
Consider this my little what’s new/working/cool beauty column. Aka the lineup.
*If you make it to the end of the post, there’s a giveaway. I thoroughly enjoy the sharing aspect of getting so many products to review. (although I’m not getting quite as much these days, so gotta space out these posts.)
So, here’s what’s been in heavy rotation or deserving a shout out this month/season/however long it’s been since I last wrote a lineup post.
Left to right top to bottom…
• Harper + Ari Exfoliating sugar cubes – These skin sloughing cubes are made of aloe, shea butter and sugar…and are a fun new way to exfoliate and hydrate. This 6 piece set came in a Saltwater & Sand subscription box that was given to me (it’s sent out quarterly an is filled with luxurious beach boutique items, and made my day – check it out) …and I think I might need to invest in a jar of them.
• AIM HI Everyday after beach leave in hair mist – I bout this from my pal’s boutique on the NS when I really needed a leave-in conditioner. AIM HI is a pure & organic beauty line made in Hawaii – and this mist is pretty much a beach bag must-have for me – You spray it on your hair, face, or anywhere you need a refreshing boost. Next time I’m back on Oahu, I’m buying the big bottle.
• Speaking of good hair stuff, let me introduce you to Act + Acre – (aka the shampoo and conditioner I’ve been using lately. They sent me this duo along with the scalp treatment oil to try and I’m definitely a fan.) Mainly because it’s clean hair care – no gunk, sulfates, and any beneficial oils are cold-pressed so you get all the benefits off the good stuff that’s in it. I swear anytime you switch to clean stuff whatever it is you’re treating, it notices and thanks you accordingly.
• In case anyone wants to know what I smell like, I’m rocking kai eau de parfum. I know…what a shock. The scent never gets old and layers well with anything.
• Great new mascara alert – IT! Cosmetics X Dry Bar Lash Blowout mascara – My initial test of it blew me away (sorry had to get that pun in there) They sent it to me for review, but seeing it passed the no raccoon eyes after swimming and rubbing my eyes test, didn’t clump, and has a great brush ( all non-negotiables for me with mascara) another tube will probably be purchased in case I lose this one.
• I’m in love with this stuff…Living Proof Perfect Hair day In Shower Styler. I pretty much only air dry my hair, and this stuff you put in at the end of your shower, then just barely rinse out..and it somehow leaves my hair shiny, full of volume and with a little enhanced wave. I bought the trial size, then just got the full-size 5 oz tube. They say it’s best for straight or slightly wavy hair if that helps at all. But yeah, this stuff rocks.
• Speaking of stuff that rocks – That almost empty bottle of Farmacy Honey Grail beauty oil was sent to me…and has gone all over with me (travel, beach, pool, lake, lego store, afternoon coffee runs). It’s a lightweight all-natural face oil (that I also use on my neck, hair, and hands) infused with buckwheat honey that gives you a great hydrating glow. My mom tried to take it from me.
• Elemis Ultra Smart Pro-Collagen Aqua Infusion Mask – Something about hydrating masks, I never leave them on for 20 minutes, I just wear them overnight as a treatment, and enjoy waking up looking like I got 20 hours of sleep. Which…is what happens when I use this stuff. Ok maybe 12 hours of sleep (Dream big.) I’d never heard of Elemis, and am so glad they sent me this stuff to try, it’ seems like a great company with a wide range of products (of course the stuff my skin needs is the most expensive) but it’s definitely a company worth checking out.
• MoroccanOil Dry texture spray – If I could only use one hair volumizer/texturizer spray for the next few years (I’d say life but that’d be overdramatic) it’d be this stuff.
• Tata Harper Illuminating Moisturizer, Illuminating eye cream and new Very Flashy Anti Aging Neuro Peptide Blush … all make my skin look so much better than it is, and me look way more rested than I am. Or maybe using it all is making my skin better. So grateful for anything the Tata crew sends for review. Especially the blush. Sorry, it’s sold out.
..whoa this is a long one. Time to wrap it up. Literally.
• Aquis rapid dry hair turban. Yes, my husband says I remind him of his grandma whenever he sees me using this, but this super absorbant hair turban helps smooth hair, keep it from breaking, and also helps it air dry faster. Plus, I think it’s pretty stinking cute.
There you go. Lineup Sept 2019. Done.
***Oh yeah, time for a GIVEAWAY. In an effort to share the love (aka free products I get to test out and share), and help our bathroom look less like an episode of beauty product hoarders, I’m giving away a box full of beauty products for you to try (unused, promise). To enter: Just let me know which product intrigues you most from this post. Leave a comment below, and the winner will be announced and contacted by me in a week. *GIVEAWAY CLOSED – Congrats to the winner, Kate Charlton, and thank you all so much for your entries. Love knowing what kind of products float your boats.