Pool workouts. They feel great on my joints, get my heart pumping in a new way, make my arms feel like superwoman, and I leave me with no dirty laundry to add to the hamper. So yes, I think they pretty much rock. Actually, whenever I finish one, I tell myself I am going to do more workouts in the water. And I don’t. But I should.
However, today’s get my body movin’ in some H2O session left me rather invigorated and motivated to step up my pool/water workout frequency. So, I had to share.
Here we go.
It took me 30 minutes but take as long or as little as you need. All you need is a 25 meter pool (aka regular sized lap pool), goggles, and a stopwatch.
• Swim 24 laps (aka 600m) in a not too fast not too slow speed. Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute
• Swim 12 laps (aka 300m) in a faster speed . Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute
• Swim 8 laps (aka 200m) in a faster speed. Rest 30 seconds to 1 minute
• Swim 4 laps (aka 100m) in a sprint. Rest 30 seconds.
• Swim 2 laps (aka 50m) as fast as you possibly can. Think: you are racing someone who has yet to swim a single lap. And the prize is a new bikini. Then rest 15-30 seconds.
• Swim 2 laps as fast as you possibly can…again. Then high five. You are done.
Now, float around for a minute and relax. Because you just swam 1,300 meters.
And feel freaking fantastic.
Because that’s just what swimming does.
Pictured above: Ola Feroz X Goldfish Kiss ‘kini…in the ocean, because my waterproof cam wouldn’t work at the pool today. Lo siento.