I did this workout today. It was EXACTLY what I needed. Alas, I had to share. Who knows, it might be just what someone else’s mind, body and soul needs today, or whenever you get around to trying it.
I’ve given up on trying to name these things, but I was sweaty and felt great. I also forgot to start my timer. High five. So, here was today’s butt kicker that I did in my living room (but used a pic from after a beach run the other day. guilty as charged.)
Do the following with as little rest as possible. (You’ll still take breaks, or need to break up the reps, but try to make them short/quick breathers.)
• 50 kettlebell swings (can also use a dumbbell)
• 50 Squat Jumps ( I did TRX jumps, but bodyweight is fine too)
• 50 push ups (feel free to break these up into sets of 10)
• 50 tuck jumps (These suck. In a good way)
• 50 mountain climbers (each side)
• 50 incline rows ( I did TRX rows, you can also use a band/light weight dumbbells, do some sort of high rep row movement)
• 5 burpies (You though I was going to say 50. I’m not crazy)
• A one minute plank hold (feel free to use any plank variation to make the time go by faster.)
• Now do 40 of each followed by the 5 burpies and 1 minute plank hold.
• Then do 30 of each followed by the 5 burpies and 1 minute plank hold.
• Then do 20 of each followed by the 5 burpies and 1 minute plank hold.
• Then do 10 of each followed by the 5 burpies and 1 minute plank hold.
…you will despise those last two plank holds.
Feels sooooooo good.
Lots of reps, lots of endorphines, and most of all, lots of thank you’s from your body to you.