I got to do something I have’t been able to do in a looooong time: go on a big, barefoot, hot and sandy beach run. The more I think about it, it’s one of my life’s simplest and sweatiest treasures.
As much as I love a long, zoned out, mental clearing a body invigorating beach run, I only had about 30 minutes, drank a massive iced coffee, and wanted to work my body in a few different ways. So, I beefed it up. And totally loved how it made me feel.
If you want to beef up your next beach run, or any run for aha matter, here you go.
Grab a stopwatch and do the following:
• Run 15 minutes out
• Then on the way back do the following intervals
• Sprint for 20 seconds – then jog for 40 seconds
• Burpies for 20 seconds – then fast walk for 40 seconds
• High skips for 20 seconds – then jog for 40 seconds
• Tuck jumps for 20 seconds – then fast walk for 40 seconds
• Squat jumps for 20 seconds – then jog for 40 seconds
•Repeat that sequence of intervals two more times, for a total of three rounds (15 minutes) total.
• Slow jog/fast walk to cool down back to where you started.
• Boom. That there is a good 30-32 minute workout.
Now, go jump in the water to cool off, or just showering works too.
Man oh man it’s so fun to move and put these amazing bodies to use.